Search This Blog

Pumpkin Carving - 2012 Creation

 Here's my latest creation! It's for a contest. It took a few hours to create. I basically found the picture online, enlarged it then taped it to my pumpkin. With a woodcutting tool I "traced" the outlines by making small cuts into the pumpkin through the paper. Then I took the paper off and used a black marker to outline. I had to decide what I was going to leave black-filled in...not taking away the skin and which areas I would "take away". I used woodcutting tools and the cheap pumpkin cutters you find at the stores. In addition I used a chopstick to poke all the way through. Any questions about how I did this just ask away!

Just an update...I won the contest!!  :)

Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really neat! What tools did you use to get such detail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used woodcutting tools that I purchased at Michael's. To make it easier to trace with the xacto knife I used the large size clear plastic packaging tape over the stencil. This prevented the paper from shredding as I traced with the knife. Then I used the "U" blades for the angles. Hope that helps! Julie

    ReplyDelete