Ultimate Brown Paper Bag Crafting

So what's this made of? Is it metal? Is it plastic? No it's Brown Paper Bag!
Yes from a far off time in the 1990's I learned from Aleene's Creative Living Show how to do this.
I LOVED that show! I now watch them at www.Cool2Craft.com
I watched Heidi Borchers take layers of brown paper bag and Aleene's tacky glue and Burn it!
YES, Burn it to get a metal like effect!
My daughter loves Harry Potter and wanted the Leaky Cauldron sign to hang by her room.
I ALWAYS say to myself...hmmm I think I can make that!
And here it is!
I would use popsicle sticks or heavy wire to stabalize it between the layers of brown paper bag,



You can see the thin wire I used from the top of the hat into the scroll.



I burned the wet glue in stages.
I used a little silver Rub N Buff too.  


I actually made the brackets to screw in the wall.





And here is my daughter with her early Christmas present.

Make it a great day!


P.S. I think my next project will be roosters but I think I'll use the brown paper bag, glue and paint for that faux enamel look to hang in my kitchen!
Mom Workin' At Home!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME Julie! I'm headed off to share this at Cool2Craft. Thank you SO much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie I just love your crafting witch. This is something that I will add to my home as well. I just LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Tiffany! I am so honored! :)

    ReplyDelete