Search This Blog

Got Belly Fat?

I have been collecting articles on belly fat for such a long time. I wanted to put all the information, finally, in one place where I could find it easily, but also share it with others. I have clicked on those stupid ads to find out what 5 foods you should never eat or SHOULD eat. I sat there for minutes on end only to find out I have to spend $29.95 or some ridiculous price. Here I will continue adding whatever SCIENTIFIC research studies I find on how to lose belly fat. I'm on a journey now to get in shape and I hope it helps you too.


1. Low stress = flatter tummy.
    A top culprit behind belly fat is too many stress hormones. Shrink your stress levels and lose the stomach.
    Health experts: Kellis Calabrese, M.S., and Deborah King
        Slash stress hormones with C!
    This powerouse antioxidant lowers your levels of the stress homrones cortisol, norepinephrine and 
    adrenaline, says Calabrese. One study showed that folks taking 1,000mg of vitamin C daily slashed their
    cortisol levels 25% in just 2 weeks.  For maximum benefit, experts recommend a 1000mg to 3000mg 
    daily dose. ( I like the chewable or my company now has a drinkable Vit.C!)



2. Burn belly fat in the sunshine! 
    Get a total of 20 minutes in the sun without sunscreen daily to fire up your levels of fat-burning vitamin D.
    The nutrient spurs your metabolism to break down sutbborn fat cells that collect in the midsection, boost
    the liver's ability to process and eliminate fats, and even decreases  your appetite say the 2 researchers at
    the Boston University School of Medicine. No Sun? Take between 5,000 IU and 10,000 IU of D daily.
    ( I again take the chewable D3. It also helps with mild depression! )








3. Shrink fat cells with cinnamon!
    For a treat that won't add inches to your waist, try sprinkling cinnamon on toast and in coffee. This spice
    has long been a proven metabolism-booster, thanks to a compound called MHCP. Scientists now say this
    compound also stimulates fat cells in your abdomen, causing them to
    shrink! Aim for a 1/4 tsp per day. ( I just sprinkle it on my cereal or gluten-free toast.)

4. Eat blueberries to shrink your waist.
 
    Eating 1 cup of blueberries-fresh or frozen daily, helps you trim 30% more weight from around your midsection. The fruit's antioxidants switch on genes that burn belly fat, according to University of Michigan research. ( I have a cup of blueberries a few times a week with my goat yogurt. My kids and I are allergic to cows milk.)
    Here's more good news on blueberries: James Joseph, Ph.D., and his team at the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging in Boston report that a diet of blueberries may improve motor skills and reverse the short-term memory loss that comes with aging and age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s. USDA animal trials showed improved navigational skills after a two-month diet of blueberry extract. Although other fruits and vegetables were studied, only blueberries were effective in improving motor skills.
      Blueberries may reduce the build up of so called "bad" cholesterol that contributes to cardiovascular disease and stroke, according to scientists at the University of California at Davis.  Antioxidants are believed to be the active component.


5. Sip GREEN TEA to REV your metabolism
 Drinking 4 or 5 8 oz. cups of green tea daily can reduce abdominal fat by 76% in 4 months!
Journal of In Vivo states the brew's polyphenols block the absorption of sugar and boost metabolism for up to 2 hours. ( I've heard it doesn't make any difference if its caffeinated or not. I drink the decaf in a large 2 cup mug. I'll have at least 3 of those mugs full while working. I also add a little Truvia to sweeten. I'm trying to cut down on calories and carbs too.)




I'll be adding more but I really wanted to get a start on this!

Make it a great day!








1 comment:

  1. Thank you Julie for posting this. It is nice to find this information in such a nice format.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete